BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cell Phones and Driving

There has been alot of media coverage about texting, talking on cell phones and driving, and Oprah's no phone pledge. I am amazed as I have been noticing how many people do not just drive anymore without being on the phone. I would have probably fallen into that catagory myself but I have never been able to do it, I can't even call someone without calling about 3 people by mistake first, let alone try to text.The only way I can do it is if someone calls me and all I have to do is answer it. So like I say with all the coverage and some graphic you tube videos that I have seen, I'm going to do my best to stay off the phone while driving,and hopefully save a life.
My son is coming to the scary age of being a teen driver and it scares me to death to think that he might be doing this, the only thing that gives my hope is that he won't be getting his license until his grades dramatically improve, which could be quite a while.
So as you are driving take a look around at how many people are distracted by their phones and maybe try to put yours down until you get safely off the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed it too Linda. Is there anything so important that it's worth injuring yourself or others? Most things we talk about on our phone are not that important. I'm going to try it too. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST