BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quote

Sometimes when I'm feeling bad about how good of a mother I have been and if I've learned anything, my husband will leave me quotes that he likes, and he left me one the other day that I thought was kind of funny.
Elder Orson F. Whitney
I recall a trip to Rigby stake that I took some years ago in company with my kinsman, Elder J. Golden Kimball. We were to attend a conference on Saturday and Sunday, but arrived at Rigby in the afternoon of Friday. A woman's meeting was in progress in the basement of the Tabernacle, and one of the sisters was holding forth to a large assemblage of mothers, wives and daughters. As we went in these words fell from her lips: "The girls of today are just as good as their mothers were when they were young,only they know more." and to clinch her argument she quoted a dialogue between a mother and a daughter, in which the mother said: "I never thought of doing such things when I was a girl." "No,"answered the daughter,"If you had you'd have done them"

0 comments: